oEtG Forum

AI derps

serprex · 60 · 35410

serprex

• Global Moderator
It cast SoW to get double draw next turn. Probably needs to be taught that double draw isn't _that_ valuable, but tough to find a good balance

kvaak

• not actually a duck
Again quinting my creatures.

Spoiler for Hidden:

I'm fairly sure mito in particular causes this for some reason.

Chapuz

Does the AI think the creatures can't use skills once quinted?

kvaak

• not actually a duck
Does the AI think the creatures can't use skills once quinted?

The weird thing is often it quints the spawns instead of the creature with mito although it can certainly do either. I figured maybe it's trying to prevent me from using mito on my creatures but eg in the previous picture I have plenty of dragons out already, quinting one won't do a whole lot.

serprex

• Global Moderator
Immaterial & 9 hp aren't evaluated very differently

kvaak

• not actually a duck
I'm not really sure what that's supposed to mean. Last time I checked you usually use quint to protect your own creatures.

E: Just noticed, it played the quint first so maybe it's possible it was trying to open its hand for double draw despite playing a bunch of cards afterwards? That'd explain why it didn't quint its own oty either, it played oty after quint.

Also, double draft.

Spoiler for Hidden:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 10:26:32 pm by kvaak »

Zaranir

"Logic is just a futile attempt to deceive people."

Also AI rewinded Oty (1|6) instead of SoFocus AND gave Eternity + damage with SoW.

Plus what kvaak said, AI is carelessly dumb on quinting:

« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 12:42:47 pm by Zaranir »

kvaak

• not actually a duck
Didn't get a screenshot, but the AI doesn't prioritize buffed wardens when it doesn't have enough quanta to use guard on all of them. Short of death-triggered effects there's little reason to delay a minotaur with a 0/6 warden when you could just kill it with a 4/8 one.

Draft might have some part to play in this.

serprex

• Global Moderator
There is reason. 4|8 warden can attack, while 0|6 doesn't become less valuable by being delayed

kvaak

• not actually a duck
There is reason. 4|8 warden can attack, while 0|6 doesn't become less valuable by being delayed

That's actually a point I keep forgetting about, although IIRC in that situation he still had a SoPa up so neither warden could attack anyway. Also attacking with a warden for 4 damage when I'm at full hp seems a rather bad trade when you could take out a minotaur smashing you for 2x6 damage every turn.

Zaranir

A moment of silence, when Ai plays GP on my SoFocus, then not playing any creature to kill it (mostly, because can't but still).

Zaranir

AI should play creatures before SoR.

Chapuz

Mitosis (Spell) should be considered higher at the time of using it as CC. I think the AI plays Mitosis as CC when the cost of the creature exceeds the cost of Mitosis (I can be wrong on this), and it should be used as CC when the creature you want to CC costs at least twice.

kvaak

• not actually a duck
Just had AI (Suwako) fractal my flying Discord despite the fact he had no entropy income (did have 1 quanta from scramble though) or flying weapon.

Lost in Nowhere

• [Insert witty comment]
The AI seems to be really stupid quite often against ByakkoVoid... for example, not playing anything nor using abilities despite having plenty of quanta.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 01:32:35 pm by serprex »