oEtG Forum

Soul Stone

Chapuz

You use this card for a combo, not for pteventing CC. A combo card that has a chance of killing itself isn't gonna be used much.

cg

• Heckler
Every combo has risks, even if the risk is just the instability of drawing all the cards in the combo. How is taking some damage different than bottomdecking all your $lynchpin_card?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 11:19:20 pm by cg »

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
You use this card for a combo, not for pteventing CC. A combo card that has a chance of killing itself isn't gonna be used much.
It can both be defensive soft anti-CC and offensive mass CC (like unstable gas).
Or if used in a more controled manner, it can provide a nice weapon damage boost.

That makes for a pretty flexible card doesn't it?

The detonation chance can be adjusted and tuned easily. The point here is that you can still use it for a combo to give a heafty buff to your weapon without very much explosion risk. Or you can be daring and try for a very large buff at the risk of killing off lots of creatures and possibly heavily injuring both players...
Or you could just go for the explosion route and use it as a nasty mass CC option... voodoo combos come to mind there.
Or you can just sit on it as a M.A.D. threat against enemy CC.

Zaranir

Just lurking here, but match the description with the pic (on the quanta cost).

Interesting Light-Death synergy, but I can't remember a deck... wait, I can... it was... the PDial!!!

Just kidding, interesting idea, at the moment without place (I could only think of a full upped Flying Arsenic deck).

Chapuz

Wait, what does the explosion exactly do?

kirbylover314

• The Meta of Christmas Past
Wait, what does the explosion exactly do?

If the stone explodes, it deals damage equal to the stored strength distributed randomly among all players and creatures.

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
Ya, originally I tried craming a description of "explode" into the card, but there just isn't space.
Eventually, there will be an updated card editor that has as much space as the cards in oEtG, but for now, I have to be brief to some extent.