oEtG Forum

Banishing Stone

Shinki12345

I have 3 different versions of this card, all 3 would be either within  :aether or within  :light :

unupped/upped

Version 1:

Cost: 5/4
Type: Permanent

When this card comes into play, target creature cannot attack, use its abilities, or be targeted by any effects. Removes all status effects from the card(including buffs). When this card is destroyed, revert all effects.

Version 2:

Cost: 3/2

When this card comes into play, targeted Permanent cannot deal damage, use its abilities, prevent damage, or be targeted by card effects. All effects of this card are reverted when destroyed.

Version 3:

Cost: 9/8

When this card comes into play, target either a creature or a permanent. Targeted creature cannot attack, use its abilities, or be targeted by any effects. Targeted Permanent cannot deal damage, use its abilities, prevent damage, or be targeted by card effects. All effects of this card are reverted when destroyed.

Basically, this would give light or aether a new toy to play around with, and allow for the ability to control the game tempo a little better(since lightning just doesn't have the same effect that it used to and pacify is not very impressive).
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 04:35:44 am by Shinki12345 »

Shinki12345

Where would you use it?

Fire stall decks when the creatures happen to be too large to kill(light dragons for example). It would work in mono-light or mono-aether as a solid kill spell for more resilient creatures. In restricted events, this may provide a solid counter for strong creature based decks that may be considered OP.

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
I feel like this could make a good :time card as well, since you are effectively putting the target into suspended animation. But I get the "knocked out of phase" type link with :aether
I'm not so sure :light needs this card at the moment. It seems a little redundant with things like pacify and mantis... Not that it wouldn't help light, but I think other elements could benefit more.

Shinki12345

I feel like this could make a good :time card as well, since you are effectively putting the target into suspended animation. But I get the "knocked out of phase" type link with :aether
I'm not so sure :light needs this card at the moment. It seems a little redundant with things like pacify and mantis... Not that it wouldn't help light, but I think other elements could benefit more.

I would like to see this card in aether, personally. I added it in light as kind of like a holy themed "prison" or "sealing off evil" or something asking those lines. Thematically, it works for either, but aether probably deserves it more.