oEtG Forum

Arena Lord's Mantle

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
Lord's Mantle / King's Mantle
Cost: 3 :chroma / 6 :chroma
Stats (if creature or weapon): -NA-
Ability(ies):
  • unupgraded: "Shield: When you are attacked, your largest creature is given gravity pull and counterattack, once per turn."
  • upgraded: "Shield: When you are attacked, your largest creature is given gravity pull and counterattack, up to twice per turn."

Somewhat unique function for a shield. It causes your largest (highest HP) creature to intercede as a bodyguard for you once / twice per turn.

Obviously gravity has some of the best synnergy due to high HP cards, but there are also synnergies with Voodoo, BB, blessing, etc.

This effect does not overwrite the creatures current skills, it just adds counterattack to them. Thus, you use this with gargoyle and liquid shadow and have counterattackers that return life to you via vampirism. Or you could put it on a venomous creature and have it poison attackers.

It could also be interesting in combination with give and AM. Then you would end up being able to heal yourself as you take down the opponent's creatures.

Chapuz

1 attack per turn for a creature is a significant defense in a Swarm deck.
I don't think that counterattacking should stay as a   :gravity only ability, so it can become thematic with  :life (the most swarmy element)

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
1 attack per turn for a creature is a significant defense in a Swarm deck.
I don't think that counterattacking should stay as a   :gravity only ability, so it can become thematic with  :life (the most swarmy element)
Thats part of why I've been making cards like this one.
The trick is that there are 2 pieces, you need both counterattack and gravity pull status.
Having counterattack outside of :gravity is only useful if there is also a way to put gravity pull status on top of it.
There could be other mechanisms than gravity pull too though, but gravity is the only mechanic thats already in the game.

I think seprex is adding a card that has a positional based attack system (see the 6/1 patch notes).
In that case, counterattack can start showing up outside of the gravity element more... depending on how easy the attack spell is to splash.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 10:02:09 pm by OdinVanguard »