oEtG Forum

Fear | Overwhelming Fear

Zaranir

Fear | Overwhelming Fear
Cost: 6  :darkness | 7 :darkness
Type: Spell
Abilities:
  • unupgraded: If damaging does not kill target, shuffle it back to deck. Contagious.
  • upgraded: If target is targeted, shuffle it back to deck. Contagious.

Description / clarification

Contagious means it's 'infects' adjacent creatures (only in the same row) with fear status at the end of owner's turn.

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
Hmm... with the "contagious" part, I almost think "hysteria" might be a better description, since that tends to imply a group effect.

My only concern is that it will be too powerful relative to rewind. Particularly since there is no connection to the time element and rewind is one of times core thematic mechanics.

Other than that, I think it is a very interesting card concept. I like that it can be used both offensively as mass rewind and defensively as anti-deckout.

Zaranir

Hmm... with the "contagious" part, I almost think "hysteria" might be a better description, since that tends to imply a group effect.

My only concern is that it will be too powerful relative to rewind. Particularly since there is no connection to the time element and rewind is one of times core thematic mechanics.

Other than that, I think it is a very interesting card concept. I like that it can be used both offensively as mass rewind and defensively as anti-deckout.

Could bump up the cost. 15|18? (equal to 3 instakill, so becomes cost-effective after 2-3 turn).

Chapuz

So you need 1of this cards and a mass CC to make a mass rewind. I don't think it's as powerful as you are saying..

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
So you need 1of this cards and a mass CC to make a mass rewind. I don't think it's as powerful as you are saying..
This + fire shield
Effectively becomes an auto rewinder. Would lead to a nasty draw lock combo... Have to keep the enemy field filled somehow though... afla comes to mind.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 09:36:47 pm by OdinVanguard »