oEtG Forum

redo card codes

cg · 6 · 3655

cg

• Heckler
This is wrapped in to several other features, but it's also kinda its own thing so I figured it should get its own thread.

As we discussed the other day, greatly expand the space for card codes, allowing us to set upped/unupped, shiny/notshiny, alternate art, etc. Also probably add support for "card codes" for portraits and play fields.

serprex

• Global Moderator
Relevant

For portraits/playfields that may be something to fit in by defining codes as ending when they hit something invalid-- then shoving random metadata at the end

cg

• Heckler
oh that's where you posted that, i thought it was posted somewhere but couldn't find it. feel free to roundfile this thread if it's not helpful

serprex

• Global Moderator
If we go with alternate art codes, I'd like to convert marks to being alternate art pillars, so no EQ hax

Need to resolve if there's a good way of dealing with heterogenous alternate art in stacks. Currently it's first-to-play

cg

• Heckler
good with marks being alternate art pillars, good with alt art stacks being first to play.

alternative to stacks would be stacks show their "rarest" piece, so if you drop a mark-art on a regular-art stack, the whole stack changes to mark-art.

don't currently have a preference between rarest and first-to-play.

serprex

• Global Moderator
So this blocks a lot of features & is relevant for importing cards from original

Also relevant since I've added support for card sets. Currently original's card codes collide with oetg's. We could have them somewhat coexist (separate out the differences in mulligan/attackphase as a separate parameter) if we convert original card codes by subtracting 4000 from them (codes are currently 5000-6999 unupped, upped is unupped+2000)

Back when this thread was made I was thinking in terms of changing card codes. Right now shiny is a bit, & upped should've been a bit too. But let's not break all the deck codes

Right now a code is the regex '[0-9a-v]{5}+'. This leaves caps & wxyz to signal inband information. This could also be used for when there's more than 1023 copies in a deck code

So we could append waaa to signal 'append aaa to art's url' & store 'aaa' outside the card's code in the in-game object

This means in a deck code we could have something like yaaa for 'use this playfield for this deck' & have yaaa be stripped out with the mark

Which does get me wanting to break all the deck codes so that we could have deck marks not be card codes. But no, compatibility it'll be

May also be useful to encode what card set a deck code belongs to
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 12:20:43 am by serprex »