oEtG Forum

quick quest features - player must use deck, deckbuilding rules, more rewards

cg · 4 · 3237

cg

• Heckler
1. Player's deck is set to (code), regardless of whether they own any cards. Mainly useful so I can build a tutorial questline, though usable for lots of other stuff too. Actively have things I want to build (tutorial questline) being designed, so more interested in this one than a lot of other stuff.

2. Player's deck must/must not contain (stuff), where stuff is one or more cards, elements, or card types. Also, player's deck must be between X and Y cards, overriding normal restrictions.

2a. If we don't already have support for modified player stats (draw/mark/etc), that too

2b. Also, let's add a feature for invalid deck message. Instead of having it be a dependency so it's only visible when you have a valid deck, I'd rather have the quest available and visible and, when clicked on, it just kicks out a message explaining the deckbuilding rules. Similar screen style to start/end text.

3. Expanded rewards - randomized rewards from a pool, support for multiple rewards at once (i.e. both gold and cards)

3a. Possibly support for loot tables (as in X draws from table A, y draws from table B, etc). Good way to standardize rewards.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 05:56:30 pm by cg »

cg

• Heckler
add a "replayable" attribute we can set on quests:
"replayable: reward" - lets people replay and get full reward.
"replayable: noreward" - lets people replay but only gets full reward on first complete (subsequent plays give no reward).
bonus - "replayable: replayreward" - lets us set both a first-victory reward and a replay-victory reward. lower priority.

i'm building the ingame tutorial questline and would like it to be easy to allow people to replay individual battles without having to reset account

for later: add a "reset questline" function to reset entire questlines. this is a for-the-future thing once we've done away with potatotal and greatly expand quests genrally.

edit-also added 2b above
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 05:56:51 pm by cg »

Fippe94

• Administrator
I'm not sure if you're aware since you say want to have a replayable tutorial, but the "replayable:noreward" is exactly how it works now, i.e. you can replay any quest righht now (for no reward).

cg

• Heckler
Add optional quest start text (works same as quest finish text) cause I can’t read
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 02:41:49 pm by cg »