oEtG Forum

Questline/mid-level tutorial: Time to learn, Soldier!

Chapuz · 1 · 2518

Chapuz

There are four advanced tutorial questlines on their way, one of which is exactly what you’re talking about.

Current planned advanced tutorial questlines:
Intro to the elements (battles using monos of each element to show off the cardpool)
Keywords (battles showcasing the various keywords and explaining them)
Strategies and archetypes (what you’re asking for with archetypes, plus a bit more in depth with stuff like poison or deckout)
Ai and economy (goes into detail about ai targets, and discusses packs and upgrading and shinies and stuff)

Following cg's idea of forcing the player to play with and against custom-made decks, I think that in the bold text above he was referring to make the new players learn about strategies by playing with them, not only against. So this is a brainstorm of strategies the player can learn to use playing with them, making them play against other strategies that 'coincidentally' get countered.
All this matches are with both the player and the AI 100 HP, 1x mark and 1x deck & draw.
I liked the idea of giving the player a couple of cards of the deck they just used as reward.
Each match is unlocked when winning the previous one.

I only wrote 3 that I liked up to now, but this will be expanded into a bunch of quests in no time.

Spoiler for Starting text:
*Imagine a Graviton Mercenary yelling to a Private*
Listen up, Private! This is the way you will learn how to think, how to fight and how to kill. Only following this training you will be able to ascend to a General. Wanna know the good news? Privates got good rewards for completing their training missions.

Spoiler for Shaman Back Up:
Starting text:
Stay healthy enough to ensure you will survive till the end of this training. Get a whole squad of Shamans to back your health up!

Your deck:
0c5bs055c1065cu065c9075jm018pn

Foe's deck:
0j5760655l05622018pu

Winning text: If the opponent runs out of cards, he loses. He will also hate you for that. Well done, private! Here's your reward.

Reward:
035cu035c9018pn

Spoiler for Stay hungry:
Starting text:
Good training makes you hungry. For victory! And food.
A good way of winning is not letting the opponent's creatures hit you a lot. Eat them before it gets too late!

Your deck:
0c55k045760356f0455r0655l055lf018pq

Foe's deck:
0h5f0025fj025fm055fc045fe018po

Winning text: I hope your belly is full after this training, because there are more missions to come. Here's your reward for this one.

Reward: 50 Gold +
0355r035lf018pq

Spoiler for The Queen and the Hope:
Starting text:
Get an massive defense by setting up.
Play some Firefly Queens, generate Fireflies, play a Hope and win.

Your deck:
065bs035c6045lk015li0c5oc025on065oj018pn

Foe's deck:
06590095rg085t2055rl065sb018pm

Winning text: If you are going to have a shield, you are going to have it good! Well done, Private!

Reward: 50 Gold +
035c6035oj018pn