oEtG Forum

Sound effects

Chapuz · 1 · 2573

Chapuz

Soverign was saying that is a good idea to have a thread where we throw the ideas for the sound effects we think would be good to have. So this is it: brainstorming place.

Menus:
- Selecting a button on the menus
- Adding and removing a card from a deck (Probably the same sound as drawing a card from a deck)
- Buying and selling cards from the Bazaar (probably some coin sound?)
- 'Soft warning', like when adding a card to a deck that you don't own or putting more than 6 copies of a card in a deck.
- 'Hard warning', when the game wants to throw a label in your face saying "ARE YOU SURE?" or "YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING THIS" like when pressing the Resign button in a match or trying to wipe your account. I see this one probably like EtG's warning sound, grave with a fading effect of almost half a second.
- Winning screen. Happy sound! Probably there can be multiple sound effects later on, like if the bonuses are shown one by one.
- Losing screen: Short, sad but not so sad. I guess?

Matches:
- Drawing a card (player & opponent)
- Playing a creature (let's start with 1 sound for every creature, something generic I guess)
- Playing a permanent (I imagine something like the sound of a wooden box falling on a dust floor)
- Spells: We can start with a generic one and with time expand to different effects (shockwave, lightning, pierce, rage potion, Fire Bolt... they might sound different in everyone's heads). This can be expanded further on.
- Active abilities: Same as spells. Some abilities and spells might have the same sound if they are related, like the abilities of the Nymphs with their respective Alchemy card or Elf & Owl's Eye.
- A creature dying
- A creature being summoned by any means that's not the hand (boneyard, firefly queen, tesserract, etc.)