oEtG Forum

add more patch notes to login screen

cg · 5 · 4008

cg

• Heckler
if i can't get my motds on the login screen, could we instead expand the line that shows the most recent patch note to like 15 lines that show the (first line of) the 15 most recent patch notes? or however many we can fit? changes are coming so quickly, it'd be really helpful for people to see what's going on. if nothing else, it'll probably noticeably increase the amount of time before i start whining about actually posting patch notes to the forum again

Fippe94

• Administrator
Since login happens automatically, I'd suggest to show them on the main menu instead. I never see anything on the login screen.

cg

• Heckler
They are already on the login screen, just suggesting adding more to what is already there. The login screen has a huge amount of wasted space. The menu is choked now that it has its own chat window. Wouldn’t oppose adding a button from the menu that also takes you to a list of recent changes, if there’s a good spot to put such a button
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 01:46:40 pm by cg »

Fippe94

• Administrator
I know they are already at login screen, so I guess my suggestion of moving it is basically a separate discussion. Adding a patch notes button to the main menu that shows a popup with the same text would be nice.

cg

• Heckler
strongly support making patch notes visible in-game. it's incredibly important imo, as i'm sure you're aware given how often i complained about patch notes when you were here.

expanding the login screen can probably be done by adding pretty much a single loop to what currently exists, so putting it there now while we figure out how to put it on the main menu also seems prudent to me.

but i am in 100% agreement that we should also put it elsewhere. making a note on the ui board to put a place for it on the new menu layout