OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
--Optional--

-------------

Predatory Instincts / Predatory Instincts
Cost: 6 :life / 6 :life
Stats (if creature or weapon): -NA-
Ability(ies):
  • unupgraded: "Target creature duels the smallest enemy creature. If your creature survives and kills its enemy, you gain 10 maximum health."
  • upgraded: "Target creature duels the smallest enemy creature. If your creature survives and kills its enemy, you gain 15 maximum health."

Updated version based on serprex's suggestions.

Big fish eats the little fish. That seems very fitting in the life element.
Unlike brawl, this card cannot be used to give your creatures extra attacks, it is purely a life themed CC spell.
If your opponent has no creatures, this card cannot be cast.

For clarification, strength refers to attack damage while size refers to HPs. I.e. the creature you own that has the highest attack damage will attack the enemy creature that has the fewest HPs.

This should give life a very thematic CC. It will probably be a little UP costwise if the second effect does not trigger, but is quite effective when it does. but the survival clause will make pulling this off repeatedly tricky.

Q: So why the secondary effect?
A: I used to have a cat that would eat random critters from outside and leave tasty bits on the doorstep. This seems an appropriate representation.

Spoiler for Hidden:
--Optional--

-------------

Predatory Instincts / Predatory Instincts
Cost: 6 :life / 6 :life
Stats (if creature or weapon): -NA-
Ability(ies):
  • unupgraded: "Your strongest creature duels the smallest enemy creature. If it kills the enemy and lives, you heal 10 health and this card returns next turn."
  • upgraded: "Your strongest creature duels the smallest enemy creature. If it kills the enemy and lives, you heal 15 health and this card returns next turn."

Big fish eats the little fish. That seems very fitting in the life element.
Unlike brawl, this card cannot be used to give your creatures extra attacks, it is purely a life themed CC spell.
If your opponent has no creatures, this card cannot be cast.

For clarification, strength refers to attack damage while size refers to HPs. I.e. the creature you own that has the highest attack damage will attack the enemy creature that has the fewest HPs.

This should give life a very thematic CC. It will probably be a little UP costwise if the second effect does not trigger, but is quite effective when it does. but the survival clause will make pulling this off repeatedly tricky.

Q: So why the secondary effect?
A: I used to have a cat that would eat random critters from outside and leave tasty bits on the doorstep. This seems an appropriate representation.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 06:00:47 pm by OdinVanguard »

Chapuz

Err the "battle" mechanic is set into  :gravity I think

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
Err the "battle" mechanic is set into  :gravity I think
^Gravity is the only element that it has been introduced to. That doesn't necessarily mean it has to be exclusive to gravity though.
There are other examples of cross element mechanics.
Poison for instance.

I do think gravity is probably be the best home for it, and by virtue of gravity's creatures, and the high power that brawl gives them, gravity will probably pull of this mechanic the best.

I think there is nothing stopping dueling from being used thematically elsewhere though.

serprex

• Global Moderator
I like this in :life, though I'd remove the repetition portion

Randomness modification: allow targeting. If target is own creature, then it'll battle a random foe creature. If target is foe creature, then own creature is random
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 09:31:41 pm by serprex »

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...

Randomness modification: allow targeting. If target is own creature, then it'll battle a random foe creature. If target is foe creature, then own creature is random
That seems reasonable.
I mainly wanted something to reward the player for having their own creature defeat an enemy and survive the battle. Repetition and healing just seemed like a nice way to do that.

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...

Updated card.

Targeting is now allowed. The target will always battle the smallest enemy (i.e. the enemy creature with the fewest HPs).
So basically you pick the creature on your side and it will battle the opposing creature with the lowest HPs or you can pick an enemy creature and it will duel the creature on your side that has the lowest HPs.

Repetion was removed, but the bonus effect grants maximum health instead of just healing. This should help make this card more unique since life already has a lot of healing but could benefit greatly from ways to gain maximum health.