oEtG Forum

Out of game UI fixes

cg · 2 · 2296

cg

• Heckler
Round one, based entirely off a personal passthrough. Have not referred back to other people's reports yet.

In progress, please ignore

Spoiler for Hidden:
Login:
-remove tutorial link
-break the "login = new account" thing and make a separate "new account" button that takes you to -the new account screen and doesn't care about what is in the login/pw boxes. move "pick an account name" and "pick a password" onto the new account screen.

New Account Screen:
-Add line above "Skip Tutorial" box which reads: "You will be automatically taken to the tutorial after creating your account. You can exit the tutorial at any time."
-Move exit button to lower right
-Place "Choose an Account Name: [____]" and "Choose a Password : [____]" inputs in lower left. Auto-populate with whatever they had in the boxes on the main login screen for the people who want to do it like we used to.
-Remove "describe an element" text. Later, let's either write better text or possibly replace it with showing a few representative cards from that element. Let's discuss.
-Add element labels showing their title in text next to the icon (don't make people click/mouseover to see the labels on this screen)

Color Palette Generally:
-We need to add some variation in color to menu text.
-Currently thinking that most word titles are one color, while most numbers/strings that change are another color.
-Titles/labels probably can keep the current white
-Numbers/strings can be another bright color. not sure what. possibly something with a bit of orange? idk. open to suggestions. it wants to contrast well against the menu gray. probably one of the colors used in the quest menu. make spex pick

Main Menu:

-Oracle card: change to be a popup in its own little window with a message saying "You got this card! Next free card in [time]." Someday, add a setting to skip the popup and just show the card like it is now for people who don't want to click past it.

-Stats box:
--Title: Account Stats
--Move title down about 2px.
--Gold 823247@
--PvE: 7592 wins - 5936 losses. if that doesn't fit, use W and L
--PvP:     79 wins -     82 losses
--tab it so the - lines up for both PvE and PvP?
--W/L numbers and gold numbers are in number color

-remove on-menu chat, it's awful. kong people can suffer. someday we can add a motd popup for kong people, that's the only thing they really miss out on. chat is discord.
-idk what to put there right now. have ideas to reorganize everything later but idk exactly

-Battle box:
--Title: AI Battle
--Costs are in number color
--Move everything down about 2px. Want same margin from left edge to button as from top edge to top of capital letter.
--Move right column (Reward) to the left probably 1px. Same goal
--Move Colosseum and Quests button here. both on same row, below a2, indented a bit probably to go along with the cut corners on the bottom of the background.

-Miscellaneous box:
--Remove title
--Move Colosseum and Quests button to AI Battle.
--Move Custom button to Players
--Add a second "Player's Name" input box to top row. Move PvP button to the right of it.
--Rename "Arena Deck" to "Edit your Arena Deck". Feel free to give it its own row if needed.
--Move Arena leaderboards buttons below Arena Deck button. Rename to "Arena 1 - Top 20" etc

-Cards box:
--Title: Decks
--Deck name is in number/string color. "Deck:" is in label color
--Move title down about 2px.
--Move deck name/buttons down at least 2px, possibly 3-4. want a decent margin between the top left corner of the D and the edge of the box.
--Rename Editor to Deck Editor. Give it its own row directly below quickslots. It can be wide.
--Move Bazaar to Players
--Maintain the line break between decks buttons and other two buttons.
--left: Shop. Rename "Buy Packs".
--right: Upgrade. rename "Upgrade Cards".

-Players box
--Rename to Trade
--Widen Player's Name box so it's snapped to buttons on both sides
--Rename Library to "View Collection"
--Move "Reward" down to the left of "Settings". Make it pop up its own window with an input box and a "redeem" button. When redeemed, make that box say "You got 8000 gold".
--Add Bazaar button here. i want to rename it but i don't know what i want to rename it to. bazaar was a term from original and this isn't that. auction house maybe. looking for a word/phrase commonly used for this sort of thing in other games.
--Remove "Leaderboards" title.
--Put remaining buttons at bottom of the box
--First: WT50, rename to "Total Wealth - Top 50"
--Second: "Custom". rename to "Custom Battles"

Colo Menu:
-"You defeated this already today" in number/string color.
-gold rewards (both cycle and "you redeemed today") in number color. Current streak in number color.
-Youvent -> You haven't
-Add "Colosseum" title to page, larger font, to the right of exit button. similar in size (can be smaller) to OpenEtG title on main menu
-Add another line: Colosseum resets in [time].

Quests Menu:
-i got nothing right now

Arena Deck Menu:
-all numbers in stats and record are in number color. gold rewards also in number color in the explanation of how much you win
-exit button in upper left where it is in most other menus
-move deck code to directly below deck image, between image and stats
-Top row reads: "Current Rank: 3             22 Wins - 12 Losses            390@ earned". aim to end "earned" at the end of 4th column of cards (35 card deck).
-Center each stat and button within one of the card columns.
-Rename Modify to "Edit Deck"
-Rename Test to "Test Deck"
-Move mark icons ~4 px left. Add "Mark" label above
-New text for reward explanation: "When your deck is played, you receive 15@ if it wins and 5@ if it loses./When you submit a new deck, you receive 25@ for every day old your previous deck was, up to 350@ for 14 days."
-Rename Create to "New Arena # Deck". Center under card.
-Add vertical line between existing decks and new cards?

Custom Menu:
-i have no idea what to do about this. needs explanations of how things work. but i don't understand how anything here works so i don't know how to explain how they work.

Editor:

Upgrade:

Shop:

Bazaar:

Trade:

Library:

PvP:

Reward:

WT50:

A1T50:

A2T50:

Settings:

« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 03:29:49 am by cg »

Septima Rhay

• PvP Organizer
Taking a shot at visualizing changes to main screen.  First thought is it seems very text heavy.  Transactions term is odd I suppose.  Ideally, card "transactions" would be aligned with cards/decks, but tight on space over there.

Main two goals are to make it easier to see where you go to edit decks and to make it clearer when you are PVP-ing someone.  When I first started, I was perplexed why I couldn't intuitively figure out where/how to make decks.  Having top 10 decks on main screen (with name/mark and clickable would be VERY nice.  For PVP section, the idea is after clicking invite to PVP (or being invited), the text "Serprex has sent you a pvp invite!" and accept/cancel buttons will appear, perhaps even flash/glow. People now do figure out the invite is in chat, but that's also not intuitive if two new players want to play each other.

Notice I removed the bazaar and custom buttons.  For now, they seem to add more confusion and no real benefit to players. 

« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 08:29:28 pm by Septima Rhay »