oEtG Forum

Art requests and other tasks for the community

sael · 4 · 2107

sael

Hello there! This few weeks to come I will be skullking around. So in two or three days I will have some free time to illustrate :)
If anyone has any requests I will gladly give them a shot. If you have any suggestions for a card you think needs a rework or any new card, etc. just let me know
Also, any and all of the illustrations I put up in the site are free to use in anything elements-related, so if you find a use for any of my previous unused illustrations https://etg.dek.im/forum/index.php?topic=1050.0 , by all means, they are all yours!

I wish a happy new year to everybody !  :chroma
carpinchonegro

Septima Rhay

• PvP Organizer
happy new year to you.  really appreciate you sharing the art you've shared with oetg community.

Septima Rhay

• PvP Organizer
Looks like there is an order already for Corpse Explosion: https://etg.dek.im/forum/index.php?topic=901.0

I'm fine with varying styles and qualities for card art. So I won't really comment on that.  Artists should know that stuff better anyways.  But some current card images don't translate clearly in terms of meaning, concept, or association with the card name (my perception keep in mind).  Another perceived issue is that some images are not sized optimally to make an impact on the board (they may look great as a larger image). Blue crawler is an example of a fine image in large size, but diminished on board taking up less than half of the tiny space available.  Other water creatures like Siren, Octopus, and Physalia look great and are sized to make an impact on the board.  They are easy to recognize.

I see a few cards with potential to improve the meaning/association and/or sizing.

Dusk mantle  and Shell of Void are fine images.  I just don't 'get' the card association when I look at them.  Not all of the shields have to look like shields.  Fog and Debris barricade don't really look like shields but they evoke the card name in a way that seems fitting.  Dusk, for example, is quite a pretty image. It just looks like it belong on another card?  I'm not getting 'dusk' from that image. I think fabric-cloak when seeing this, which doesn't really say "shield".  Maybe it's like a matador's cape?  See if you can hit me?  Poof, I'm not there you missed.  I'm not even sure what I perceive when I see Shell of Void.  I'm not bothered by these cards at all, but I guess if artists are willing to offer other options then I see potential for new interpretations.  Brawl and rejuvenation, too.

Diving bell spider is another card that style aside doesn't make an impact on the board because the spider is so small.  And the web evokes arteries for me.  So there's room to improve both sizing and association for this one.

Conversely, some favorites are: Scattering Wind, Lemming, Leaf Dragon, Sabbath, Silence, Ice Dragon.   I like your midas touch large size but hognose is stronger impacting on the board.  Sabbath is really impressive because I'd have no clue where to start myself.  And the interpretation really works well. 

Besides card art, I would like to see art banners for events. I'll probably have more of an open invitation for the next event for the creatives out there. I happened to ask you for NKOTB tourney because I knew you were recently active making art.  Also would be interested in rotating art at the log-in screen but the image there now is quite fine and I wouldn't complain if it was there for eternity.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 11:25:46 pm by Septima Rhay »

Dawn to Dusk

• The Original Materialist
Thank you for the work you've already put in! Since every card currently has art (of... varying quality) my main requests would go towards UI features. Of course if you want to make new art for Psyche Metal and 52 Pick-up I definitely will not stop you. That being said, my personal set of requests is towards Pack Backgrounds (Bronze, Silver, etc, so they're not just flat colours), buttons, and text boxes.

Naturally if you have more intent to stick to card art, that is no issue whatsoever, any new art for the game is appreciated!