oEtG Forum

A New Beginning - Individual PVP Event

Septima Rhay

• PvP Organizer
A New Beginning - Individual PVP Event
Sign-ups (closed)

A stream becomes a cascading waterfall.  A devonian dragon grows into a Silurian dragon.  The source of ouija was its essence.  And Supernova wasn’t so super right away.  Start your origin story now.  Join other OETG players in a new players only tournament.

Welcome to what may be your first openElements PvP event. This may be your first introduction to organized PvP, so read all the rules and instructions and make an effort to organize times with your opponents. Play all your matches and give them all your best effort.

Art credit: Niharia

Event host: asdw152

Event timeline:
Signups end Nov. 12
Match period from Nov. 17-Dec. 3; players can agree to start sooner; use discord or forum private message to coordinate matches

Players (round-robin):
1. trtl
2. Manuel (ign Manuel666)
3. Test07
4. AllenTheMighty Removed due to inactivity
5. helicopter-cube
6. sssnk
7. OrcSplendor Removed due to inactivity
8. TheRealArgo (ign ArgoGm)

Rules
1.   Event will be 2 weeks long. Players will face all other opponents, playing 5 games each.
2.   This is an unupgraded event. All decks can only run unupgraded cards.
3.   Players will have access to all of their cards at all times, except for Nymphs, Shards, Regrade, and any new cards implemented after the start of the tourney (i.e. all of the new shields).
4.   Players may earn 1 bonus point by meeting a deckbuilding restriction regardless of the win/loss result:
           a.   This restriction will only apply to Game 1.
           b.   You are encouraged to follow this restriction for more points, but you will not be penalized for not fulfilling the restriction.
           c.   The restriction you choose does not have to be consistent from match to match

Deck building restrictions are:
i. Call of nature: creatures only (no spells or permanent cards besides pillar/pendulum/mark cards)
ii. Not staying long: Pillarless (no pillars, pendulums or mark cards)
iii. Martial artist: a deck with at least 3 different types of weapons (chroma weapons do not count towards the 3, but can still be in the deck)

After a match is played, both players must post the match result, but wait until the event is over to post deckcodes. Winning a game gives that player 1 point. Building and playing the first game (G1) with a restriction gives an additional 1 point. If a player wins a match 4-1 (4 points) and earns the G1 bonus (1 point) they will earn 5 points for that match. At the end of the event, rewards will be distributed based on the player’s final standing. In the case of a tie, both players will face each other again for another 5 games, no points gained from restrictions.

Questions about the rules?  Ask the event host.  Concerns about event rules/balance? Private message the event host.
What does G1 only mean?

Rewards
Spoiler for Hidden:
1st Place: 20000 Gold + Shiny Nymph Code + Mark Code
2nd Place: 15000 Gold + Shiny Nymph Code
3rd Place: 10000 Gold + Shiny rare Code
Participant: 7500 Gold
General Info on PvP
Spoiler for Hidden:
PvP Integrity
1. Strive for good sportsmanship at all times.  If you notice a game bug that can be abused before playing, please report the issue.

2. Many issues can be resolved and discussed before "accepting turn".  For example, if you speedbuilt a deck and didn't change the mark code, ask your opponent if you can fix the mark and replay before you accept your turn.  If you continue on with the game, it is up to the other player to decide if they will replay or not.  Do not pressure them into a replay.   

3. Players may copy/save the 'replay' code of a game for 'viewing' later on in openEtG's custom section; see in-game chat tabs -> replay.  To maintain PvP integrity, please use the replay only as a reference for game issues (i.e. one player disconnected) and to analyze the game later. 

PvP Issues 
1. Stuck Screens: Sometimes players enter a pvp duel and cannot accept their turn.  It looks like one is "stuck" on that screen with the only option to press the resign button.  One fix to get 'unstuck' is to to use the L keyboard shortcut to reload game state. Talk through the issue with your opponent and confirm to restart the game. 

2. Deck not loaded properly: Another common problem is a player will enter a pvp duel and notice their chosen deck is not loaded and instead their last played deck is loaded.  In these cases, let your opponent know right away and ask if it is okay for a replay before accepting your turn and playing any cards.  If you start playing before noticing, you may need to accept you error and play on. 

3. Lost connection/power: There are times where players lose internet connection to the game, lose power, etc.  If you can, take a screen shot and save the game replay.  Both players then should discuss if they should replay or if it was very clear one player was going to win.  When they are unable to decide, they may ask for a non-participating tournament host or non-playing arbiter to help decide. If both players feel comfortable with a replay, proceed.

4. Weird things happening on the screen:  Take a screenshot when you see something odd happen.  There can be  game bugs.  Let the event host know about the issue.  If it appears you can play the game through to the end, please do so and save a replay.  If you believe the issue could have affected the match result, let both your opponent and the event host know. 
Submitting Decks, Illegal Decks, Match Issues
Spoiler for Hidden:
Saving and submitting decks after a match
After each game, save a record of the deck you played vs. your opponent.  Even better, copy the 'replay code' of the game and store it for later recall; the replay code captures both players' decks and the match can be viewed later.  Both players be able to submit either (a) the exact deck code they played - and label which game it was used (i.e. G3 and G6) - or (b) submit the replay code (copy/paste)

Posting decks after the event
After all matches for the event are completed, you must post deckcodes and match summaries to your match results post or a single new post with decks for all matches.  Players may not post decks played before the event is over.

Illegal Decks
Playing an illegal card or any upgraded cards will automatically result in a game loss.  Unlike some events where they may be some room for sportsmanship, that will not be the case here where the rules are very simple and clear. 

Time between games; interrupted play; inactivity

1. The default time limit in between games is 5 minutes unless otherwise agreed upon by both players.  If Player A notices Player B is repeatedly taking longer than 5 minutes, Player A should remind Player B of the time limit and ask if there's a particular reason they need more time.  Some in between 'thinking' and 'adjustment' is absolutely fine.

2.  Interrupted play -  If you need to suddenly leave due mid-match to real life circumstances, please communicate this clearly to your opponent; make every effort to reschedule again and finish the match.

3.  Inactivity -  When a player drops out mid-event, both completed match results and unplayed matches are voided.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 09:20:21 pm by asdw152 »

Test07

Please PM me here on the forum so we may find a time to face each other! I should be mostly free this saturday, sunday and monday (Monday less so, but still easier than the other weekdays.), other days will require some weird timing until the next weekend.

Manuel

i am gmt +1 or +2, idk

i can play most of my afternoon to 1 am in the night, if someone wants to schedule for a day can send me a pm on the forum

i will also try write in the ingame chat everytime i can play so keep an eye

trtl

Manuel 1

trtl 4

ggs

Edit: also my deck had the 3+ weapon types requirement, so 5 points for me I believe
« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 07:47:27 pm by trtl »

Test07

Had my first match yesterday

Manuel666 4
Test07 1

Met my game 1 restriction.
Gg!

Test07

Round 2!

Trtl 2
Test07 3

First game deck same as round 1, so game 1 restriction was met again.
Gg!

trtl

helicopter-cube

3-2 vs trtl

ggs; completely forgot about the challenges, so no points there for me.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 11:11:31 pm by Septima Rhay »

Test07

helicopter-cube

4-1 vs Test07

ggs, and may the Mulligan Gods be ever in your favor.

(No challenge points; misremembered and played challenge decks on the wrong games lol)

trtl

The Real Argo 1

trtl 4

ggs Met deck-building restrictions for the first round

Test07

If TheRealArgo and Sssnk are reading this, please message me as you're the only contestants I need to face yet. I'll probably be free most of tomorrow besides the late-evening-to-early-night period and should you not be available then I'm sure we can find some other :time.