oEtG Forum

Wizzardry and Spellslinging

Mega Plini

Ohai

I present to you a new cycle of creatures, the Wizzards. Each wizzard has a passive ability that triggers every time you cast a spell. How cool is that? Let the spellslinging begin!

(All the card examples bellow are unupped. I chose 1/3 for their basestats. They have 1 attack to make sure that they proc shields. Them having 3 defence is mostely random. 4 was to high and 1 was to low. That left me to choose between 2 and 3 so I chose 3 because I want them to be good. Ofcourse these stats are open for debate.)
  • :entropy: no idea yet. Maybe something with mutation or quanta scrambeling?
  • Necromancer: 3 :death : 1/3: whenever you cast a spell you get a skeleton
  • :gravity: not really sure what I want here. It's a choice between giving momentum to a random creature you control, giving gravity pull to a random creature your opponent controls or something like BH
  • :earth: Not so sure what I want here. Giving a friendly creature +0/+3 whenever you cast a spell is so dull. I much rather would go for the gollem subtheme that earth has. Maybe let it summon gollems when you cast spells or make it buff gollems? i really don't know.
  • Gigantomancer 3 :life: 1/3 whenever you cast a spell, a random creature you control gets +1/1
  • Inferno Wizzard 3 :fire: 1/3: whenever you cast a spell, Inferno Wizzard deals 1 damage to a random creature the opponent controls
  • Bublle Mage 3 :water: 1/3: Whenever you cast a spell, one random creature you controls gets a bublle that protects it from the next target
  • Light Wizzard (we need a better name for this!) 3 :light: whenever you cast a spell, you are healed 5hp (this number is totally random and is definately open for debate)
  • Stormcaller 3 :air: 1/3: whenever you cast a spell, Stormcaller deals 3 spelldamage to the opponent.
  • Time wizzard (we need a better name for this!) 3 :time: whenever you cast a spell, a random creature your opponent controls gets delayed for one turn.
  • Dark Magician 3 :darkness: 1/3: whenever you cast a spell, drain 1 :chroma from your opponent and you gain  :darkness
  • Spark Mage 3 :aether: 1/3: whenever you cast a spell, you get a spark

I took 3 :chroma as the basic casting cost, however I would love to go to 2 :chroma. I think cards like these are begging for cool splashes and the best way to do that is to keep the cost as low as possible.

I really like this mecanic and I think it should not be excluded to creatures. Maybe permanents could have similar mecanics?
  • Wizzard's Staf 3 :aether (weapon): 2/2: deals spell damage. Whenever you cast a spell, Wizzard's staff get's +1/+0

So how do you guys feel about this?

PS: I am aware that nova and precognition exist