oEtG Forum

Minotaur OTK [payload] [nerfed]

serprex · 12 · 7383

serprex

• Global Moderator
024vn0155q0159i

Execute combo when opponent holds more than 4 cards

Would be fixed by reverting antimatter applying to buff portion. Would then have to use pacify, which wouldn't work as well. Consistency would ask that both not apply to buffs

Works because antimatter works by reassigning base to base-trueattack*2, 6-12-12=-18, buff makes -18*2=-36, then second antimatter causes -18+36+36, buff makes 54*2=108

4x antimatter deals 810
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 03:43:29 am by serprex »

Lost in Nowhere

• [Insert witty comment]
Adding a nightmare will make it so that the opponent will have enough cards for the combo, as long as they don't have a sanctuary.

timpa

• New to Elements
An alternative to reverting AM applying to the buff is making AM a kind of status that multiplies true_attack by -1 after everything else is processed and multiplies changes to base_attack by -1 (so that buffs to an antimattered creature still increase the final true_attack).
:chroma :gravity :time

Dawn to Dusk

• The Original Materialist

Chapuz

Please nerf it and recalculate the attack, not just duplicate it all the time

serprex

• Global Moderator
It hasn't been proven OP. Filling opponent's hand is difficult if they play sanct. Until an OP deck has been demonstrated, there's no need to nerf. Currently we only have a minimum payload

Chapuz

It hasn't been proven OP. Filling opponent's hand is difficult if they play sanct. Until an OP deck has been demonstrated, there's no need to nerf. Currently we only have a minimum payload
6-card 200 dmg OTK, 7 with Nightmare, and only 1 card counters it. Happy new year

serprex

• Global Moderator
Sundial, Silence, Burn Card, Innovation, SoSa, Yoink, Clepsydra also counter OTKs. Generally Stoneskin & SoD too
There's already a 5 card 210 damage OTK that isn't countered by sanct

I am not opposed to saying that OTKs as a whole are too possible, & that future cards may want to consider offering ways to disrupt OTKs. But I'm not convinced this is the combo that brings this about
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 12:07:41 am by serprex »

timpa

• New to Elements
I'm in favour of changing this because it makes no sense imo. Even 1 antimatter turning it into -36 is bizarre.
:chroma :gravity :time

serprex

• Global Moderator
Straightforward fix would be to remove dive effect from Minotaur, make bonus be a flat amount. Or having the dive occur as it attacks, rather than as a buff
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 01:18:41 am by serprex »