oEtG Forum

Event 1: Guild Spirit

flyingcat

• RNJesus > Hard Counter
Guild Spirit!

Each member will choose a card to represent them (with reasons provided). Each guild must then construct a deck with at least 3 copies of each member in it that has at least 75% in element cards (for the purpose of this event, member cards count as in element) with 6 upgrades maximum.
Along with the deck, each guild must also submit a screenshot of said deck beating a champion.
All eligible decks will then be put to the test... with a PvP battle. One member from each guild will duel the others in a Bo3.
NOTE: Does not have to be the same member. For example, I could duel kirby, and D2D could duel Fippe.

How will the decks be scored?
6 points for eligible submission
3 points for each victory

Note: When choosing the card to represent you, we would like an explanation, so we don't get stuff like teams coordinating cards for the sole purpose of making a hyper-competitive deck. Of course, we can't actually stop you from doing this if you really try, but I will definitely laugh at you for your patheticness.
Note 2: We have GO's in each Guild for a reason. Just try choosing your card strategically. See what happens.

If, for some reason, a member of your guild is inactive and does not submit a card for themselves, the leader will be allowed to choose one if they provide reasoning.

Again, PROVIDE YOUR REASONING BEHIND YOUR CARDS! NOT DOING SO IS GROUNDS FOR DISQUALIFICATION!

To submit decks:
Times Up

To PvP:
Times Up
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 11:07:56 pm by kirbylover314 »
So apparently I can fly now

Fippe94

• Administrator
Since you say "for the purpose of this event, member cards count as in element", this means the card does not have to be of the guild's element, correct?

(Also, Is this the time I should set up the secret boards? If so, will do tomorrow)

flyingcat

• RNJesus > Hard Counter
Yes. Let's say I chose Steal. For this event, Steal would count as in element.

Yes, it would be nice if you could set up the secret sections.

smashduke

So we should wait until the secret sections are up before discussing this....

Dawn to Dusk

• The Original Materialist
So we should wait until the secret sections are up before discussing this....
yolo everything man, yolo everything

also strategic choices arent really viable anyway (inb4 flooding, equaliser and phase salvager)

flyingcat

• RNJesus > Hard Counter
Please. I flood all day everyday.

timpa

• New to Elements
Note 2: We have GO's in each Guild for a reason. Just try choosing your card strategically. See what happens.

does it involve candy?
:chroma :gravity :time

Fippe94

• Administrator
But I mean, surely, we must be allowed to pick cards *somewhat" stratecially. I mean, I might have a few different cards which I like that could represent me, and then I could pick one of them depending on what my team mates pick?

Also how does Pillars and Chroma cards work with the 75% in element rule?

flyingcat

• RNJesus > Hard Counter
Of course you can pick *somewhat* strategically. We're using the honor system here, and we have to trust that people aren't going to pick cards just to make, say, a DBH.

Chroma counts as in element, pillars count as their own element. For example, Burning Pillar counts as Fire, and Material Pillar counts as in element since it's Chroma.

Shinki12345

Of course you can pick *somewhat* strategically. We're using the honor system here, and we have to trust that people aren't going to pick cards just to make, say, a DBH.

Chroma counts as in element, pillars count as their own element. For example, Burning Pillar counts as Fire, and Material Pillar counts as in element since it's Chroma.

Don't be afraid to choose cards that are good though, it's only natural that cards you play with a lot are going to be some of your favorites. For example, odds are that someone is going to choose disco in cardinal.

Here is the mentality I think we are going for: "choose your favorite card that represents you, not the card that represents your team" if you achieve this, then you are likely to have some synergy with your cards.

For example, a possible outcome for materials cards would be: blue nymph, explosion, fog shield, and whim. They have a lot of synergy, but those are very fun and interesting cards that can represent people because of their common use in the metagame and relatable flavor. As long as people have good reasons, then the GO's probably won't call you out on unreasonable levels of synergy between the chosen cards.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 03:01:42 pm by Shinki12345 »

Shinki12345

Will the cards remain anonymous? Also, should we PM you our choices?

flyingcat

• RNJesus > Hard Counter
No, in the final submission to the GOs, you will have to include who chose what card and for what reasons.
Keep your card choices within your own Guild until the deadline.

Shinki12345

No, in the final submission to the GOs, you will have to include who chose what card and for what reasons.
Keep your card choices within your own Guild until the deadline.

Sounds good to me.

I would like to request that one of the members of awesome guild(cg) do a quick sweep over each guild board to make sure our level of coordination(which there will need to be at least a little of, given the rules) is consistent with each other and our explanations for each card reach the standards. If one guild appears to be slightly over-powered and underwhelming in their explanations, just PM the GO of that guild and suggest some improvements that need to be made.

Fippe94

• Administrator
cg is gone indefinitely. His netbook is broken and he is geting a lot more busy with other things now.

Shinki12345

cg is gone indefinitely. His netbook is broken and he is geting a lot more busy with other things now.

Hmm, that should be ok then. In that case, we will just have to be a little more lenient on the submissions.

Quick question, material only has 3 members, I am assuming that those of us with 4 members will only have to choose 3 of the 4 cards we got from our list?