oEtG Forum

Deck for event 1

timpa · 23 · 9184

timpa

• New to Elements
As a start we should think of cards that represent ourselves. A list of 3 or 4 should give enough room to build a deck.
:chroma :gravity :time

Shinki12345

I would like amber nymph to be the card that represents me.

When it comes to magic cards, my favorite decks have always been lockdown. I play a pillow fort deck in mtg, I play fairy's in yugioh, and my favorite decks in etg are Disquake and fire stall.

Amber nymph may not be as good as disco for these purposes, but my personality is not reflected by that of oure chaos, I believe in the oppression of resources and forceful concession of victory.

Chapuz

Innovation, because every single deck I made in oetg has innodrawpower. It's my favourite card of oetg, even after the nerf.

Shinki12345

Innovation, because every single deck I made in oetg has innodrawpower. It's my favourite card of oetg, even after the nerf.

I suggest personalizing it a bit more.

Chapuz

Then I would have no idea, inno is THE card I always use and love the most, and the principal reason I chose Cardiguild.  If you see my thread in the archives with Cardinal decks you will see innoPharaoh, innoCatatitans...

Shinki12345

Then I would have no idea, inno is THE card I always use and love the most, and the principal reason I chose Cardiguild.  If you see my thread in the archives with Cardinal decks you will see innoPharaoh, innoCatatitans...

Say something like:

"The reason innovation represents me is because of the way I play the game. I am innovative and love coming up with new combo deck ideas, and you can see that just by looking at he archives or having played me in league. It's for this reason that innovation is the card that represents me."

Except maybe a bit more convincing, I kind of through that together roughly.

Basically, just put your heart into it.

timpa

• New to Elements
Since I have been a fan of gravity but never landed on a gravity team in any big event I guess you could say I'm a mercenary (even if guard doesn't fit so well, so I guess we should leave my copies unupped XD)

Shinki12345

Since I have been a fan of gravity but never landed on a gravity team in any big event I guess you could say I'm a mercenary (even if guard doesn't fit so well, so I guess we should leave my copies unupped XD)

If gravy is your thing, do you want to take gravity nymph and I'll choose something else?

I love lots of different cards in cardinal, I couldn't possibly choose ONE favorite. Disco, fractal, eternity, and several more.

Chapuz

Ok give timpa the sex symbol possition and we can make an innoDBH   :time :entropy :gravity

Lost in Nowhere

• [Insert witty comment]
I should join in this discussion, shouldn't I?

I'll have to say Lightning; I'm really good at most things... when I set my mind to it, and lightning is a good card for some things (killing creatures), although only when you have it in your hand.

Not to mention that it's really inexpensive so it doesn't eat up all of your quanta.

Chapuz

Well, my card choosing:

I feel highly identified with Innovation in OETG. As most of you know, my most successful decks always had an overdose of drawpower.
In OEtG almost all of my decks use Innovation, my favourite card, as you can see in my Guild decks Archives (don't worry, I reworked my decks now). This is because it lets me have a neat drawpower while making an efficient and open build for my decks, discarding (innovating) the cards I don't need for the current duel.

timpa

• New to Elements
Okay, so we have

Graviton Mercenary / Amber Nymph / Innovation / Lightning

This gives us a serious problem. There's no real damage anywhere here and stalling champions is not so easy.

@Shinki considering that Material has 3 people do we have to use 4 cards? If we can I at least managed to beat a champion with a Pharaoh deck using our 3 first cards. If not I suggest trying to build some type of stall.

Maybe we can get a guardtal with splashed inno?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 02:30:09 am by timpa »

Shinki12345

Okay, so we have

Graviton Mercenary / Amber Nymph / Innovation / Lightning

This gives us a serious problem. There's no real damage anywhere here and stalling champions is not so easy.

@Shinki considering that Material has 3 people do we have to use 4 cards? If we can I at least managed to beat a champion with a Pharaoh deck using our 3 first cards. If not I suggest trying to build some type of stall.

Maybe we can get a guardtal with splashed inno?

I will check with the GO's, I can't imagine we would force you to play with 3 minimum copies of 4 uncoordinated cards, I my guess is that we will just have people choose 3 of the ones they chose from.

I was away during the time this event was created, so I don't know as much about what FC and kirby have planned as you might think. =P

Everything looks good to me, I think I'll message CG about doing a quick sweep over everyone's secret boards to make sure the level of coordination done by guilds is consistent with each other, as is the level of explanation for each card.

timpa

• New to Elements
Ok give timpa the sex symbol possition and we can make an innoDBH   :time :entropy :gravity

Missed this post. LOL

Anyway if we are good to go I'll pick the deck code and the screenshot later today. We can try tweaking (beating the champion is more a matter of patience with it).

Another option is ditching the nymph and try to build something powered from cardinal pillars mostly (innoDBH or a goose deck?).
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 02:58:51 pm by timpa »

Shinki12345

Missed this post. LOL

Anyway if we are good to go I'll pick the deck code and the screenshot later today. We can try tweaking (beating the champion is more a matter of patience with it).

Another option is ditching the nymph and try to build something powered from cardinal pillars mostly (innoDBH or a goose deck?).

I say just stick with what we got, we all have a solid list of cards that will allow us to play several different types of decks.