oEtG Forum

Reproduction

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
--Optional--

-------------

Reproduction / Reproduction
Cost: 6 :life / 5 :life
Stats (if creature or weapon): -NA- (spell)
Ability(ies):
  • unupgraded: "Breed target creature with a random creature you own to create an offspring that blends parental base stats and traits."
  • upgraded: "Breed target creature with a random creature you own to create an offspring that blends parental base stats and traits."

Basically, you pick one parent (could be a creature you own or your opponent owns) and then another creature that you own becomes the second parent.

One of the creatures is picked at random for the base card (to determine graphics place holder). This would also be important for determining the effect of using spells like mitosis and reinforce.

To determine stats, the combined strength is calculated and each point has a 50/50 chance of being added to the offspring. The same is then done for toughness.

To determine skill(s) / traits each parent’s base skills and traits have a 50% chance to get added.

In the case of a interactive skills (one that requires clicking on the creature) going with which ever gets added last seems reasonable.

Example1:
My opponent has a black dragon. I have a maxwells demon. I cast this spell on the black dragon.
Their combined strength ends up as 13 and their combined toughness is 7.
So my creature could end up with any combination of stats ranging from 0|0 to 13|7.
The offspring will have a 50% chance to have the “paradox” ability and has a random chance to look like either a black dragon or a maxwells demon.

Example2:
I have a red nymph and a nymph queen and cast this spell on the red nymph.
Their combined strength is 5 and combined toughness is 12.
The offspring will have a stats in the range of 0|0 to 5|12.
It will randomly have either the rage skill or the nymph queen skill.
It will randomly look like either a red nymph or nymph queen.

serprex

• Global Moderator
Seems like a slightly cheaper PU. In element with a non immaterial dragon, progon would probably be the most common deck. Probably faster than mito/sor. Some potential with scorps

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
Seems like a slightly cheaper PU. In element with a non immaterial dragon, progon would probably be the most common deck. Probably faster than mito/sor. Some potential with scorps
Also in element with Georesonator, which should help make use of abilities gained when used on enemy creatures.

Could lead to some amusing offspring... voodoo martyrs perhaps? Could certainly pull that off with spirit pillars.

... not sure if this should be able to target weapons or not. More for thematic reasons than anything else though. Don't know if that would limit it too much though.