oEtG Forum

Ascension

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
--Optional--

-------------

Ascension / Ascension
Cost: 5 :time / 5 :time
Stats (if creature or weapon): -NA- (non-equipped permanent)
Ability(ies):
  • unupgraded: "Owner is untargetable. Lasts up to 3 turns. Immaterial.
    Cumulative upkeep: 5 :time
    0 : remove self from play."
  • upgraded: "Owner is untargetable. Lasts up to 3 turns. Immaterial.
    Cumulative upkeep: 5 :time
    0 : remove self from play."

Essentially, this card prevents you from being targeted by spells and effects that can target a player.
In addition to thwarting direct damage from spells like fire and ice bolt, it also prevents many mass targeting spells (plague, firestorm, etc.). It should also probably protect from effects like unstable gas, catapult, and chrysaora skill and poison spells.

This does not directly protect your permanents or creatures. I.e. your weapon can still be hit by deflagration.
It also will not stop damage dealt to you by attacking creatures, now will it stop damage or effects caused by interacting with the opponent's shield.

A little tricky to place this one. I see it going in either :light , :time , or :aether ...
At the moment, :light is already chock full of defensive cards and has mirror shield to protect it from bolts and other spell damage, :aether already has protection from mass CC, so it would not really benefit from the mass targeting protection as much.
I put this in :time as a node to the player momentarily ascending beyond finite temporal existence. This is an analogue to :aether allowing immortality by ascending beyond existence in a dimension / phase.
It also makes a nice tie in with Anubis being able to manipulate mortality as well.

Chapuz