oEtG Forum

Assassinate

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
--Optional--

-------------

Assassinate
Cost: 7 :death / 8 :death
Stats (if creature or weapon): -NA- (spell)
Ability(ies):
  • unupgraded: "Duel a target with your equipped weapon. Inflict 3 poison on target if it survives. (Ignore shields while dueling)."
  • upgraded: "Duel a target with your equipped weapon. Inflict 4 poison on target if it survives. (Ignore shields while dueling)."

When dueling the opposing player, both players shields are ignored. The opponent can only retaliate if they have an equipped weapon (which will deal its damage to you).

Since brawl causes an attack, the weapon will also re-ready if it has an active skill.

Example 1:
I have arsenic equipped, with envenom upon it.
My opponent has a lobotomizer and a phase shield.
I cast this. My arsenic deals 2 damage and inflicts 2 poison (1 from venom and 1 from envenom spell).
My opponent's lobotomizer deals 5 damage to me.
The opponent then recieves another 3 poison from this spell.
-> in total: My opponent takes 2 damage and 5 poison, I take 5 damage.

Example 2:
My opponent has a fire nymph and an 11|7 lava golem. I have this, and an eternity.
I play the eternity and cast assassinate on the nymph. It takes 4 damage and 3 poison and deals 1 damage to me.
Since I used the eternity to duel, it readies. I then rewind the lava golem.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 08:16:20 pm by OdinVanguard »

serprex

• Global Moderator
Thinking about how you were discussing encouraging common weapon use. This encourages use of weapons with actives. Can simplify text by saying it always poisons target. Edge case is that it buffs synergy with epidemic, which is a good thing

Chapuz

So I can make a neat rush with my  :fire super boom boom weapon? I wonder if that and Arsenic are the only reasons this card is so expensive.

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
So I can make a neat rush with my  :fire super boom boom weapon? I wonder if that and Arsenic are the only reasons this card is so expensive.
that and trying to balance vs aflatoxin.
Also, I wanted a high cost :death spell to side buff soul catcher.