oEtG Forum

Warmth wind | Chilling winds

Zaranir

Chilling winds | Chilling winds
Cost: 1  :air / 1  :air
Type: Spell
Abilities:
  • unupgraded:  Increase freeze counters by 1 on frozen creatures. Freeze all creature for a turn, if flooded.
  • upgraded: Increase freeze counters by 2 on frozen creatures. Freeze all creature from target player for a turn, if flooded.

Description / clarification

Unfrozen means creatures what was actually thawed with it's effect. Mostly sidecards for Space whale deck or Freeze+Shockwave combo (or counter cards). Worths mentioning: This effect applies to raise freeze counters over 3|4.

Edit: Unupped changed to be a less effective upped, but let a combo with flying Prismatic Gladius|Squid.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 05:54:29 pm by Zaranir »

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
Hmmm... mass freeze for 1 :air is going to be situationally OP I think. The flooding requirement isn't that hard to overcome, it just makes a forced combo.

The good point on that particular forced combo is that it should only really affect 5 enemies at a time in most cases... I still think that 1 :air is far to inexpensive for that effect, however.

Maybe bump the upgraded price a bit?

I think this would make a very amusing combo in a flown gladius deck.
I'ld probably end up using material pillars and a light mark.

Zaranir

Hmmm... mass freeze for 1 :air is going to be situationally OP I think. The flooding requirement isn't that hard to overcome, it just makes a forced combo.

The good point on that particular forced combo is that it should only really affect 5 enemies at a time in most cases... I still think that 1 :air is far to inexpensive for that effect, however.

Maybe bump the upgraded price a bit?

I think this would make a very amusing combo in a flown gladius deck.
I'ld probably end up using material pillars and a light mark.

Could bump the cost, but it's only freezes unfrozen for 1 turn, so 1-5 freeze counter. And Gradius combo not works atm, but could be changed to 'target player' instead foe as well. Or both player (and this would be a nerf as well in most situation)?

serprex

• Global Moderator

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
Ah, I didn't catch that it was just 1 turn of freeze. I thought it was 3 turns.
I think that is probably okay then. Its not a far cry from turtle shield at that point.

The gladius combo would work out just fine as long as you animate the gladius first.
At a cost of 1 :air or even 2 :air its very reasonable.

I agree that the unupped seems a little UP right now though.

Zaranir

In unupped, I'm thinking on if it should deal 1-2 damage to aquatic creatures, but it would be a bit elemental hate against  :water. Deleted the  :fire drain tho.

Chapuz

Unupped mostly useless. Upped is fine

They are too different to be the same card.
What serp said is 100% true, make the upped one a different card with an unupped version. Just "Freezes foe's creatures for a turn if flooded."

Zaranir

Unupped mostly useless. Upped is fine

They are too different to be the same card.
What serp said is 100% true, make the upped one a different card with an unupped version. Just "Freezes foe's creatures for a turn if flooded."

Unupped changed and edited.

Edit: Upped changed from 'foe' to 'target player'.