• Global Moderator
Spoiler for chatlog:
[17:15] cg: Autocorrect destroyed decks like an hour ago
[17:15] cg: Irrevocably
[17:15] serprex: Same change that broke end-of-match amusing
[17:16] serprex: Autocorrect does still do that
[17:16] cg: Can we make it not do that
[17:16] cg: Because that is a critical bug imo
[17:16] serprex: Would changing Exit/Revert back to Save&Exit/Exit suffice?
[17:17] cg: That’s a shitty bandaid fix but better than nothing
[17:17] serprex: Kind of seeing how we almost want deck editor to be unlimited
[17:17] serprex: Have it render invalid cards as invisible
[17:17] cg: The game should not be independently editing deck codes EVER
[17:17] serprex: Then do checking when going to enter match or w/e
[17:18] cg: And rendering missing cards transparent would be wonderful
[17:18] cg: That would be an amazing solutiob
[17:18] cg: You can see what’s missing then
[17:18] cg: Like 50% opacity not zero
[17:18] serprex: where by "invisible" I mean "transluscent"
[17:18] cg: Yeah
[17:18] cg: That would be absolutely wonderful
[17:18] cg: And the start game check can just get wrapped in to the number of cards in deck check
[17:19] cg: That’d let people sandbox decks before buying
[17:19] cg: Can make it not do the check for custom ai matches
[17:19] cg: Can add an option to pvp to allow missing cards
[17:19] cg: And suddenly sandbox is wrapped in game
[17:20] cg: And anyone can play any pvp event
[17:20] serprex: Probably players want deck checks in pvp
[17:20] cg: Default would be deck check yes
[17:20] cg: But a checkbox option like the extra hp option is fine imo
[17:21] serprex: Would need to have the pvp challenge be clear on that front. Probably fits into an idea of pvp modes, unrestricted/unupped/upped/6ups etc
[17:22] cg: When we initially added custom stats for pvp, iirc I wanted a “normal pvp” and a “custom pvp” mode
[17:22] cg: When we expand into multiple menus and give pvp its own screen, having built in support for deck building rules like unupped would be wonderful
[17:22] serprex: I'll start a post on forum, hopefully can break this down into parts that can transition these features in
[17:22] cg: Yeah I’ll look at it at some point and do so
[17:22] cg: Pvp stuff is later imo
[17:23] cg: Editor support for transparent cards is high priority imo
[17:23] cg: Cause that’s an amazing improvement and solves all the current bugs
  • DeckEditor doesn't restrict deck building, renders cards as transluscent, these decks are saved to server as normal. Main architectural gotcha is that deck validation is scattered/repeated around codebase since it's just a length check. DRY it. Issue: how does this interact with autounpolish? There's a few ways to do this, doesn't really matter as long as it isn't stupid
  • Implement option to versus targets as-if in sandbox with some sandbox toggle on main menu. This'll be a bit messy since the codebase checks if we're in sandbox by checking nullness of user in redux. So revise that to explict bool props. Can remove sandbox
  • Server clean up: I'd like to remove anonymous PvP from server but oetg-v uses that. Fix: make oetg-v users log in once it's working again, they can pvp each other with unvalidated decks, make sure not to let people pvp across variants tho
  • PvP modes. Unupped/upped/6up etc. Includes an option to allow deck checks be on/off. PvP challenge message needs to be clear what's being offered, otherwise we have to create a PvP matchmaking screen where players agree on settings

Chapuz

Unrestricted deck editor marking the missing cards with an alpha or showing them in black and white /greyscale at the end of the deck looks like a good idea.
The code for a deck is exactly the same with our without having all the cards.
When a player wants to play against any opponent except sandbox, a deck validation occurs. If the deck has any missing cards, it's redirected to the deck editor, hopefully with a pop up saying "you have missing cards, mate" or something like.
The sandbox doesn't have this validation, and somewhere there should be a label saying that it has 0 entering cost and 0 reward, same as PvP.
I like the random PvP system like EtG has, as unupped or without restrictions. More options maaay be added with a huge playerbase.

Chapuz

Now that I think about it, I think I prefer to have the restriction when trying to out more than 6 copies of the cards.
I still like the thing of being able to put copies I don't own.

serprex

• Global Moderator
Thinking rightclick-to-remove will help fix people not knowing how to quickly click six times

Chapuz

The thing is that new players that don't know there's a maximum of 6 copies may get angry when trying to play with deck with more than 6 copies of a card and get redirected to the editor. The 'unrestricted' part I like is being able to make decks with unowned cards, but being able to make decks with more than 6 copies can be troublesome for some people.

And yeah, right click for removing copies is a nice idea!

cg

• Heckler
There is an in-editor indicator for valid/not valid on its way if it isn’t already there.

With editor unrestricted, we can have events/tournaments with 10 copies of cards allowed or things like that.

This change also essentially wraps sandbox/trainer into the game

edit: in addition to the in-editor indicator for valid/not valid which is very important and should be built to be very obvious and easy to notice, the deckbuilding rules are actually quite succinct so I wouldn't at all mind restating them within the editor. "decks must be between 30 and 60 cards and contain no more than 6 copies of any card besides pillars/pendulums" would probably fit below collection or somewhere else pretty easily
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 04:35:52 am by cg »