oEtG Forum

Animations

Chapuz · 2 · 2831

Chapuz

Here's the place to tell what animations you would like to see in the game.

For an organizing matter, let's divide them in 2 sets:
  • in-matches: This ones would be seen during the game, will last only a couple of frames and will surely be accompanied with a sound.
  • outside-matches: This ones will be seen in the menus. They can last longer than the in-matches ones and will help with the player experience outside them.

My ideas for in-matches:
  • Card draw: The back side of a card flowing form the deck symbol to the hand. Pretty fast so it doesn't get annoying, specially when playing with decks with a lot of drawpower.
  • Creature attack. I like gow EtG does it, showing the numbers one after the other in the opponent's HP bar while slowly moving up and fading (and becoming smaller?). A low-effort idea can be moving the creature up and down for a couple of pixels and frames while the numbers are shown. The creature moving animation can last less than the whole "show number -> send it up while fading" sequence
  • Spells (to be expanded later)
  • Active abilities (to be expanded later, some of them will be the same as their equivalent spells)
  • Playing a creature
  • Playing a permanent
  • A creature dying
  • Creatures being affected with different statuses (to be expanded later)
  • A permanent being destroyed

My ideas for outside-matches:
  • Winning screen: An animation that shows the bonuses earned one by one with a green "tick" on the right
  • Completing a quest, an animation showing a big pretty "Quest Completed!" label.
  • (in a future) something in some menu saying which Guild won the last Guild League / last events
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 08:18:12 pm by Chapuz »

serprex

• Global Moderator