oEtG Forum

cg's new feature priority list

cg · 1 · 7142

cg

• Heckler
For serprex: Feel free to modify this however you want. If there's something that isn't going to happen right now for whatever reason, please let me know. And for the record, at any point, my top priority is whatever the fuck you feel like working on.

For everyone else: This is not a brainstorming thread or a place to suggest new features. This is not a list of what will and won't happen. This is my personal opinion. If you want to suggest new features, please use a new thread in the appropriate board. If you disagree with my personal priority list, please feel free to post your own in a new thread.

cg's priority list:

1. General quick QOL improvements as they come up

1.5. Quick quest features - player uses specified deck (actively need this for tutorial questlines)

2. Auction House/Async Trading

3. Editor support for deckbuilding with un-owned cards, check for valid deck when starting game

4. Infrastructure for more cosmetics
...custom "play fields" as rewards, usable in pvp and for arena submissions
...custom "portraits" as rewards, usable in pvp and for arena submssions
...support for alternate art and stuff like that (including the card code redo)
...note - probably shouldn't actually go live until we know what's going on with UI more, so we can make sure what we do will work with the new in-game UI. I'll be posting a UI thread about this to make sure it's on spex's radar. Main reason not to go live is so we don't waste a lot of time creating new art that doesn't end up the right size for the new UI. I think all the rest of the implementation can occur except for actually creating new art as content and actually displaying it in-game. We can even make collecting live so I can start giving out cosmetic prizes for events and stuff.

5. Greatly expanded leaderboards
...all-time leaderboards for a variety of pve stuff like total wins
...time-limited (monthly and/or weekly) leaderboards for a variety of stuff like "most commoners beat", "most total wins", etc
......note. some of these should be always active. some of these should change monthly/weekly. when we have the support for the in-game leaderboards, we can run events around them
...note - i'll put together a more thorough list of leaderboards at some point in the original thread. if you feel like working this before i've done so, let me know and i'll move it up my priority list.

6. in-game support for guilds
...basically per the thread, except totally different interface since we should make it rely on a menu screen instead of 90s-era chat commands. i'll update the thread when possible. if you feel like working on this before i've done so, let me know and i'll move it up my priority list.

7. peak rank/rating in arena (low priority in terms of importance, but probably very quick to implement)

8. coliseum win streaks (low priority in terms of importance, but probably very quick to implement)

9. quick quest features - expanded rewards, deckbuilding restrictions, replayability (low priority in terms of importance, but probably quick to implement)

10. quest system overhaul (rip potatotal island)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 05:05:48 pm by serprex »