oEtG Forum

New cosmetic collectibles (also a new feature request)

cg · 2 · 2748

cg

• Heckler
Original thread here: http://etg.dek.im/forum/index.php?topic=447.0 Use original post for discussing the feature itself. This post is about the UI needs to implement that new feature.

Wanted to make sure this is also posted in UI/UX so it's on your radar when redesigning the in-game UI.

I'd like to have the ability for people to collect a few new types of cosmetics. As these cosmetics won't affect the actual game itself, they can be very scarce and collectible and give people who want to play a long game something to shoot for. The back-end work related to this is already posted in New Feature Requests.

Things I specifically want:

1. Custom play fields. Basically, replacing the background of one player's side of the in-game field with a new image. New images can more or less be anything we want them to be. Players will be able to collect those backgrounds through events and in-game quests and "achievements". Players will be able to select a play field somehow. It can be an account setting, or it can be a per-deck setting. Players will be able to use their selected play field on their side for all their games. Players' selected play fields will also be tied to their decks submitted to arena (and show for anyone fighting against their arena deck) and will show to the opponent when playing in pvp.

2. Custom portraits. Basically, adding a spot by the player's name for a little portrait, pretty much like forums do. Content/acquisition same as play fields. Would show in both pvp and arena.

In both cases, one main thing we'd need is just to have a fixed image size to work with. For play fields, we'd want to know what the rest of the play field looks like so we can provide parameters to artists. For portraits, we just need a way to elegantly implement it into the UI.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 09:59:43 pm by cg »

cg

• Heckler
Forgot editor support: need to add a button in editor to select a deck-specific portrait and playfield.

Ideally this should be internally stored with on a per-deck basis. I'm split on whether it should be stored as part of the deck code or not.