oEtG Forum

Random detail UI fixes

cg · 5 · 3074

cg

• Heckler
"buy max" button (capped at 100 packs -cg) in shop as an early game convenience - sets buy# to max of selected type you can afford

account name above money on upper left main menu

label the misc section on main menu. or just rewrite main menu. (idk what to name it so lets just redo main menu so we don't have to think of something -cg)

label deck code box on editor

settings button labels still overflow

move and label mark in editor. possible options in discord

"exit" -> "take & exit" on show-content-of-purchased-pack screen

from loog on discord
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 02:26:36 am by serprex »

serprex

• Global Moderator
krzyak: Please add an option so that when I'm hovering a card it doesn't pop the card up, after a while its just in the way.
Like when in a match

serprex: Curious if the issue can be mitigated by placing the card somewhere that's generally less obtrusive, like far right of screen

serprex: Before the fields were made to follow the same left-to-right, hovering would generally cover less essential area by having card be on other field same X position

spex: I've also seen games with a hover that let you hide the hover by holding shift or some other key and it displayed a note to that affect

krzyak: I like either of these solutions

krzyak: I am not able to resign when opp board is cloaked :S
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 12:48:43 am by serprex »

cg

• Heckler
from my notes:
-player targeting rectangles are weird or cut off or something
-arena deck button text is still off center. needs more right padding or less left padding or something. leaderboard buttons also it looks like.
-more of a UX than UI change, but make gold pack cost 75 and have one less common ffs. adjust colo streak rewards accordingly.
-quanta generating creatures should say "air"/"earth"/etc again instead of saying "quanta #"
-bug that probably occurred due to a UI change: upped holy light went from costing -1 to costing 1. change it back to costing 0 and producing 1 when cast.

bigger things:
-make card text larger on instances
-make instance text have legible contrast. if necessary, do away with different colored backgrounds and white/black text for upped status. we can figure out another way of describing that if we need to.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 02:09:54 am by serprex »

Chapuz

Deck views need to be fixed by adding more background images to the right when needed. It only happens with big deck codes, like buying 30 bronze packs.

Example
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 02:10:34 am by serprex »

Chapuz

Notes from my brother's first 10 minutes of oetg. He is an etg veteran.

making  anote under the login button saying something like "To create an account simply put the account name you want and the password. It will be automatically created" or an account create window. He wanted to start playing and said "where the heck do I create an account?"

The icons of what element the pendulums are gonna generate is so small he even didn't see it. In etg the icon change was big enough

The hand shows which cards you can play too softly, in etg was market heavier

The upgrade menu doesn't say what Polish is, he had to ask me

Chat: being in the menu and having a duplicated chat looks horrible. He suggest working on that. Probably starting with a bigger in-game chat on a left pane you can show and hide with a button (pinged by spex)

If it can be done, center the game window vertically so it's harder to misclick and change tabs or close the entire window (yes he suggested that)

Bazaar is so confusing he almost quit playing

On the right of each quest/tutorial, put a label with the gold rewards and something like "+ related cards"

It wasn't clear for him that the card shown on the menu was a daily reward

The library is HORRIBLE, it doesn't say what ZE and SZE is

Lofi shouldn't even be able to be checkable. The game runs everywhere

There's a checkbox for enable music and sound... THERE IS NO MUSIC AND SOUND (yet)

Take out the Max Buy button on the shop

Make the pack buy amount number BIGGER

Remove the Exit button after buying, only leave Take Cards.

Editor: Put LABELS indicating that the columns are Creatures, Perms and Spells. He didn't notice it after playing for hours

When pressing the resign button (or press scape) put a big label on the middle of the screen saying "you sure wanna resign"?"

People may not know there's a Packs tab where buy codes are shown and say 'how do I check what cards I have just gotten?'. When you buy a pack, add a message on the general chat saying "See the Packs tab for a full list of cards received!".
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 06:53:12 pm by Chapuz »