oEtG Forum

Quartet Pillars

eaglgenes101

Material Pillar

additive.Randomly gain 1-2 each turn. ⅔ chance to gain 2.

Spiritual Pillar

Cardinal Pillar

Long story short, http://elementscommunity.org/forum/forge-archive/quartet-pillars-quartet-towers
and http://elementscommunity.org/forum/card-ideas-and-art/spaced-pendulum-spaced-pendulum
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 11:14:57 pm by serprex »

serprex

• Global Moderator
Like idea of Quartet Pillars. Feel like there shouldn't be anything that OP considering Quantum Pillar is efficient for quartets already

Lost in Nowhere

• [Insert witty comment]
Quantum Lockets have been in this for quite a long while.

serprex

• Global Moderator
I have no intention to add any of the linked stuff besides Quartet Pillars. We already have plenty of quanta mechanisms. This was good since it brings in thematical ties for the 3 sets of quartets & doesn't further render EQ into a niche

eaglgenes101

I'll explain my idea for trio pendulums and why I think they're a good idea.

Basically, they put the thematic trios just like the quartet pillars tie the quartets together.

There are 4 of them:
Spaced pendulum ( :air :light :aether )
Grounded pendulum ( :earth :darkness :time )
Active pendulum ( :fire :life :entropy )
Passive pendulum ( :water :death :gravity )

The trios I chose have some advantages to any other trios:
  • They are perpendicular to the quartets (Each trio contains a material element, a cardinal element, and a spiritual element)
  • They work with the duos: Notice that the spaced trio elements are opposite of the grounded trio elements, and the active trio elements are opposite of the passive trio elements.
  • They make actual thematic sense (I'll explain if you disagree)

And the quanta they generate alternates between 1 and 2 of elements randomly chosen from the trio. A person using them can only have a quanta advantage if he/she uses all three of the generated elements. Use just two, and you'd get the same rate of quanta generation more consistently using a pendulum. And using just one... just get a pillar.

serprex

• Global Moderator
The hassle is there's 15 chroma perms already now