Event 2: Look Ma, I Took a Screenie!

flyingcat · 46 · 19393

timpa

• New to Elements
Beating a commoner with WDB is hard enough to warrant points :P
:chroma :gravity :time

kirbylover314

• The Meta of Christmas Past
Nah, Mages are fairly not but doable easy. The Mirror, the Deep (I think) and the Chromatic especially

Chapuz

@ GOs (specially flying cat, because someone said it was your idea)
How do you (GOs) control we are beating a champion with a starter deck + free packs instead of a custom unupped deck made by ourselves?

I suggest removing this task or changing it to just a starter deck.

Has any guild submitted this task?

Chapuz

Shinki12345

I added dusk shield as an alternative requirement for RNJesus to remove some of the material bias. Cardinal has novas so getting out fog shield isn't that hard.

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
Some of these screenies are going to be much easier for some guilds than others... for instance the "CARDSR4NEWBIES" basically means using only permanents, which is going to be a lot easier for cardinal thanks to fluxor...

speaking of cardinal...
do catapults count as cats? :)

timpa

• New to Elements
Some of these screenies are going to be much easier for some guilds than others... for instance the "CARDSR4NEWBIES" basically means using only permanents, which is going to be a lot easier for cardinal thanks to fluxor...

speaking of cardinal...
do catapults count as cats? :)

The way I did Cards4noobs used cardinal stuff only for support and would be even easier in material. Think harder Odin ;)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 08:52:26 pm by timpa »

kirbylover314

How do you (GOs) control we are beating a champion with a starter deck + free packs instead of a custom unupped deck made by ourselves?

If no other GO responds, I will be removing this task. You guys got 2 days

timpa

• New to Elements

I did this with a starter deck, no need for packs (git gud :P).

kirbylover314

Only the starter deck works as well, I guess. But I'm only 1 GO; wait for shinki or flying to say stuff

serprex

• Global Moderator

kirbylover314

smashduke

>>
DECK RESTRICTIONS
Standard restrictions, 75% in element (for the purpose of this event, specific cards required for screenie count as in element), 20% upped. ROUND THOSE DOWN!!! For example, 31 deck can use 6 ups max.

Quick question: Would any colored nymph or any colored pendulum count as in element for "Playboy: Win the game with every nymph on your field" (i.e. you need either a pillar/pend or the nymph to get the nymph, right?)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 04:28:35 am by smashduke »

Shinki12345

Me and FC agree that there is no need to change it to starter deck only. Of course, you will get +1 brownie points(which we like to keep track of) for doing it with only starter deck anyway.

That being said, you can read this spoiler if want to hear how I came to that decision:
(I made it a spoiler because its kind of pessimistic, but its a good explanation)
Spoiler for Hidden:
People can cheat on any of these in a huge number of different ways. Its really not that hard to cheat at an event like this, so we GO's(at least I assume this is the mentality) make an automatic assumption that people will be honest with their screenshots and will take only enough precautions to drive away the common mans temptation.

Beyond that, its the persons choice if they want to ruin the fun or not. If you're caught genuinely cheating though, its a perma-ban from guilds and all guild events(maybe even regular tourney's). Cheating in events where people put time and effort into it is so insulting that it makes me sick.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 05:40:14 pm by serprex »